Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Osama bin Laden’s Death Photos

Osama bin Laden’s Death Photos

I'm not sure how I feel about the release of Osama bin Laden's corpse photos. I've been to closed casket funerals. I don’t know who’s really in that box, but I’ll take your word. Everything was so carefully planned that the U.S. didn't leave room for error in this process. (Body doubles, faked DNA testing, doctored photos, etc.)

I am glad bin Laden has been brought to justice—this opinion article is more in relation to the consequences of the photos. Why do I feel this way?

The release of the image will not appease the doubters; it will only satisfy their curiosity. I am curious. I would look. People will still cry conspiracy or demand more evidence. Experts will analyze the photos and get attention by saying it’s not him.

Another reason is because I don’t want to go on the internet or Facebook and see his awful face everywhere with crude captions and comments. He’s dead. We don’t need to lower our standards. We’re triumphant. I know some people are just waiting to be clever on their Facebook “walls.”

Finally, retaliation. The release of the photos will not impede doubters, so why piss people off? The U.S. was careful to not upset the Muslim faith by giving him a proper burial (which, yes, he didn’t deserve after taking the 9/11 victims lives.) So, why release the photos? There are violent people out there that actually respected this guy. In a crazy way, they may look at it as if you wouldn’t want a photo of your grandma with a bullet hole through her eye posted all over the internet, ridiculed and rejoiced.

I am hesitant to post this because I know how things can be misconstrued. I love America, I hate bin Laden/terrorists, and I sympathize for all the loved ones lost. The release of these photos will only bring out hurt, hatred and negative thoughts. We are victorious—let’s move on with our heads held high.



Miscellaneous photos are popping up left and right:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/141342/20110504/osama-dead-new-photos-inside-the-compound.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment