Friday, April 1, 2011

Nostalgia

I have a weakness for nostalgic toys and replicas. I love all the toys and gadgets that bring me back to childhood. (Yes, I too am vintage!)  I probably have an underlying mental issue, but that's fine.

This Christmas I spent most of my time with the kids in the playroom. Life there is better. I have no worries in the world, except having to wait my turn to play with the Play Doh Fun Factory.  I love escaping into this world. Who wouldn't want go to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, visit Oz,
pick smurfberries right outside of Smurf Village, or even celebrate an un-birthday with a cup of tea?

I still buy candy for my Pez dispensers, annoy animals with chimps banging cymbals, and hook up my Atari 2600 to play Galaga, Asteroids and Joust with a Sega controller (yes it works!) These devices keep me young at mind and heart. I may not be able to ride my Huffy bike as fast as I once could, but I can still make a wicked image in an Etch-A-Sketch and Lite Bright.
When I was young, I was a cameraman behind my View-Master; a Transformers mechanic; an Easy Bake Oven chef; a Science Kit professor; and a circus sideshow with Sea Monkeys, Light Up Spinning Tops, Bugglegum machines, and Barrels of Monkeys.
So, tonight I decided I am going to perform some magic--MAGIC ROCKS that is! It even comes with a shark figurine.
MAGIC ROCKS

What are some of your favorite toy memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment