Friday, April 1, 2011

"Every Child is an Artist"

Duck For Mom, 1986
Pablo Picasso quoted, "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." I used this quote as an influence for my upcoming portfolio website. I want people to relate to where I came from, and see how I have evolved. Every child is an artist because they are pure--there are no boundaries, nor restrictions.
The other day a friend's wife posted their child Benjamin's first piece of art. They were scribbles on a shopping list, but they were more than that. They were indications of a progressing mind and advancing coordination. Those scribbles were how he saw the world. I thought they were beautiful. It brought me back to drawing in my grandparent's basement with crayons (see above image.)
At times, I wish my hand was more shaky to remind myself not everything needs to be "perfect" to be perfect. I am glad and fortunate to have the privilege to be doing something that has always meant so much to me. I wouldn't care if I was creating logos for corporations or drawing pictures for my mom, I am just happy that I am designing.

No comments:

Post a Comment